Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
08 September 2024, 06:19:52 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
We don`t demand solid facts! What we demand is a total absence of solid facts! I demand that I may or may not be Vroomfondel. - Vroomfondel
Linked Events
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spirit Games RPG Night  (Read 9439 times)
EvilGinger
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #15 on: 08 June 2013, 22:57:30 »

every one does & every one fails but wisdom comes form knowing this & improving. Most of all letting your players build the world with you.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Jamie
Burton Delvers
Aware

« Reply #16 on: 09 June 2013, 11:39:17 »

If Jamie is a Padwan with 18 year experience, that makes me a babe in comparison!

Well we have to start somewhere I suppose  Undecided

I think EvilGinger is just pulling your leg.  GM-ing is not some sort of mystical art.  A lot of the best games I've played were by first time GMs.  By the time you have played in a few games and GM'd a few sessions, you'll have learned 95% of what you need to.

The important thing is to find your confidence and run the game you want to run.  Be yourself and remember that rule 1 is that the GM is always right.  Most people will respect that.

If a player doesn't like what you do, then they may will vote with their feet.  But the majority will stay and will be happy to play in new worlds and with how you GM.
« Last Edit: 09 June 2013, 11:59:14 by Jamie » Logged
EvilGinger
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #17 on: 09 June 2013, 17:33:37 »

Its not a mystical art perhaps, but its one where ones skills improve with experience if you are thoughtful about that experiance and you don't develop any of the vices some do

The main strength off new Games masters is they have not done the above or become jaded by over doing the role also somthing of a risk if you are the only one in the group who is prepared to GM.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: