Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
20 September 2024, 22:22:49 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Hey listen, I think we`ve got enough problems of our own with you shooting at us, so if you could avoid laying your problems on us as well I think we`d probably find it easier to cope! - Ford Prefect
Linked Events
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spirit Games RPG Night  (Read 5244 times)
EvilGinger
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« on: 03 February 2013, 14:16:19 »

We now it would seem have a thriving RPG night on our hands with Pathfinder,  DeadlandsHackmaster up & running alternating, with space for one or two more games depending on the week. In the offing we have Don't look back Traveller, Dungeon crawl classics the new Starwars & much else besides.

I am also considering running such miniatures campaign games as Mordheim & Dux Bretanarium & of course Algernon  pulls it off again.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Jamie
Burton Delvers
Aware

« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2013, 14:38:40 »

We could use another game when my Pathfinder game is on.  I really do not want any more than six players. 
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #2 on: 03 February 2013, 14:45:22 »

I sort of agree, but player bloat seems to be a condition games run by really good GM's suffer from. I would volunteer but I am already running a game  & have others planed so I would rather let some one else run one on that week.

I will have a chat with the other people I know will run stuff & be persuasive  BangHead Evil

EvilGinger

Gendrill
Slight Inkling

« Reply #3 on: 06 February 2013, 23:11:15 »

I am willing to run a second game on the nights I am there, enjoying the Pathfinder but fine with dropping out of Jamies to run something, either another Pathfinder or the new Star Wars - Edge of the Empire, let me know what is preferred if want me to run one.
Jamie
Burton Delvers
Aware

« Reply #4 on: 07 February 2013, 13:46:07 »

Can you make regular fortnights Glendril? If so, then I think that would be good.  Also, while numbers are building, if the second game can't run on an evening then we can always insert players into the Pathfinder game.

At the moment we have about seven to nine regular attendees.  My pathfinder game is for 4 to 6 regular players, so if the other game aimed at 3+ regular players, then on nights where there are nine attendees we can have four in my game and three in the other game.  And whenever attendance drops below nine then the Pathfinder game can take everyone.

In addition, I will give bonus XP to anyone who misses a Pathfinder session to play in the second game (equal to total XP for session divided by party size), so they won't feel left behind.  Hopefully, over-time we will get a couple more regulars to stabilise the game numbers and this will cease to be relevant.

How does that sound?
Gendrill
Slight Inkling

« Reply #5 on: 07 February 2013, 19:29:15 »

Because of my current situation back and forward between Burton and South Wales it will not be every fortnight sadly, i tend to be on a 3 week rotation at the moment, hence not stepping up to the GM place before but i am willing to run games while here in burton if that will help ease the workload, so as one of your alternative time zone players *wink* it could lower the numbers on your game to a more manageable level on a regular basis even if not for every session, just let me know if that would work for everyone as a partial fix at least and if Pathfinder or Star Wars would be preferred?

See you tonight (7th Feb) guys, can talk more then if easier.
Gendrill
Slight Inkling

« Reply #6 on: 08 February 2013, 14:12:47 »

As a quick update, it was confirmed last night (7th Feb) that i will be running Star Wars for this session, for any that want to see what the new "Edge of the Empire" is about, there is a little more info here on the FFG website:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=224&enmi=Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Feel free to browse about if interested but obviously don't read the adventure that is available to download from them, the two extra characters are a good idea to look at though as give you a heads up of the game  thumbs up
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #7 on: 08 February 2013, 16:03:30 »

Well, regularity is extra important for running a game I always thought but pathfinder is getting rather crowded so i guess someone has to step up. Well volunteered that commuter.

We'll just have to see how things go for a while, I guess. Might be interesting revisiting star wars again, especially with a whole new system.
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #8 on: 21 February 2013, 21:25:40 »

have to get reports on how this played out.

EvilGinger

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: