Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
19 September 2024, 23:36:21 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Arthur Philip Dent? You`re a jerk, a complete asshole. - Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GAMMA CON is almost upon us!  (Read 5193 times) Average Rating: 0
Jontheman
Slight Inkling

« on: 21 January 2012, 12:48:20 »

January 28th, 10:00am to 5:00pm.
http://www.gammacon.moonfruit.com/

All games on the day will now be scheduled around sign-up sheets for the tables present. When you get there then pop your name down in the available slot and if a game comes up you can play. I'll be trying to run some introductory RPG games on the day using the Fighting Fantasy rules system, so if you've got a friend or relative of any age you'd like to introduce to the hobby, bring them down and we'll have some fun!

There'll be a table available for Magic: The Gathering players, so bring your decks if you want to have a blast.

RAFFLE! On the day you'll have the chance to take part in a raffle to win the roleplaying game STARBLAZER ADVENTURES from Cubicle 7. All proceeds go to the charity ‘Help For Heroes’.

Spirit Games of Burton will be there on the day with a small trade stand and possible demos of the Conflicting Kingdoms card game and perhaps some Malifaux.
http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/

Hopwood Games will be joining us, with the charming Andy Hopwood doing demos of his games MIJNLIEFF (winner of the Best Abstract Game Award at the UK Games Expo 2011) and Niche.
http://www.hopwoodgames.co.uk

Kyle Daniels will be there on the day, creator of the award-winning 'Braggart - The game of heroes, lies and unfortunate fish...' with demos and copies for sale.
http://www.spiralgalaxygames.co.uk/

Jedi News, the largest UK Star Wars fansite with 6 million monthly hits and all kinds of sway in the Star Wars community will be there for charity and promotional work.
http://www.jedinews.co.uk/

Dragon Art Models will have a table there - hand crafted scenery for wargamers, giving your games that realistic edge!

Only one week to go, so is there any last minute suggestions or events that people would like to see take place? If there's anything you'd like a stab at then bring it along - card games, boardgames, anything you'd like to share, and if there's room we'll sort you out.

Jontheman
Slight Inkling

« Reply #1 on: 23 January 2012, 22:31:14 »

If anyone wants to GM a game on the fly, then bring along your rules, plenty of pre-generated characters and some time. We'll try our best to find you a table. Even if you have to sit on the floor I'm sure you'll get a game!

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2012, 21:40:50 »

I sadly can't make it as I said  but Phil will be there in force & multitasking madly. He is intending to Demo Conflicting Kingdoms, Malifaux & running a trade stand at the same time.

I am sure it will go really well and look forward to next year when I might be able to make it.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Jontheman
Slight Inkling

« Reply #3 on: 27 January 2012, 15:07:34 »

I sadly can't make it as I said  but Phil will be there in force & multitasking madly. He is intending to Demo Conflicting Kingdoms, Malifaux & running a trade stand at the same time.

I am sure it will go really well and look forward to next year when I might be able to make it.

EvilGinger

If all things go well I might be running this more than once a year and instead of one hall I'll hire the entire building! Hope to see you at the next one, all the best.

Jon

Jontheman
Slight Inkling

« Reply #4 on: 28 January 2012, 20:31:36 »

A very, very successful day at Gammacon with a great turnout and some great gaming. The hall was packed and there was a great atmosphere. I'd like to thank everyone who attended, everyone who helped and, most of all, I'd like to thank my wife Lisa for carrying me through all this. More details and plenty of pictures to come, but right now the pub is calling for an after-event drink. Thanks again, everyone, for a brilliant day.

CrazyFrog
Global Moderator
Psychotic

Smile and Wave Boys, Smile and Wave

« Reply #5 on: 29 January 2012, 01:37:50 »

Congratulations on a successful first event

Insane Dealer of Arkham Insanity.
"You know you want a trip down to the asylum"
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger