Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
18 October 2024, 13:28:48 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Ah. So I`m a Masochist on a diet am i?. - Arthur Dent
Linked Events
  • D&D Red Box Game Day: 11 September 2010

• Signups have closed
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D&D Red Box Game Day  (Read 2583 times) Average Rating: 0
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 08 August 2010, 20:20:59 »

D&D Red Box Game Day: September 11, 2010
Come celebrate the release of the new D&D Essentials line of products and the new Dungeons & Dragons Fantasy Roleplaying Game with a classic-style adventure and a retro game experience!

The D&D Essentials product line is designed to give you everything you need to play the classic D&D game experience, and it starts with the new boxed set – the Dungeons & Dragons Fantasy Roleplaying Game. Inside the “Red Box,” you’ll find everything you need to begin your adventure. After you’re done exploring the Red Box, you can find all the rules for the 4th Edition game in the Rules Compendium, create the iconic characters you want with Heroes of the Fallen Lands and get ready to expand your campaign with the Dungeon Master’s Kit, Monster Vault, and Dungeon Tiles Master Sets.
Just for participating you’ll take home the pregenerated character sheet of the character you played. If you DM the game, you’ll take home the adventure itself, a poster map of the encounter areas, and the tokens used in the adventure. To satisfy your curiosity, here’s a quick description of the adventure!

Sunderpeak Temple
Long a bastion of good on the edges of the wilderness, Sunderpeak Temple has succumbed to an unknown threat. You have been tasked to journey to the site of the temple and find out what has befallen its residents, as the priests are needed to destroy an enchanted skill imbued with necromantic magic. Will you face down the dark denizens that dwell within and learn the truth of the temple’s fate? A Dungeons & Dragons adventure designed for 4-6 pregenerated characters of 2nd level.

Anyone planning an event for this release please post details here for other interested players/Gm's

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2010, 19:08:01 »

I ran this today & had a lot of fun. Had a very good group who battled manfully through the two encounters I threw at them. the only down side is that we did not have enough time to run the whole five encounters to a conclusion but I feel that every one felt they had achieved something ending the day still alive just.

Next  Dark Sun at Raiders

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
CrazyFrog
Global Moderator
Psychotic

Smile and Wave Boys, Smile and Wave

« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2010, 23:43:28 »

Many thanks to EvilGinger for running the game today  not worthy

We all knew it was going well,  when one of the main fighters (me) was bloodied within 2 turns into the first encounter  help.
From there is was play guess who dies first.
The party survived into the second encounter and then got flanked on 3 sides, however we just barely finished off the Kobolds and Orcs.
But ran out of time in the shop and with the state of the party who need about 2 weeks to recover, claimed victory and celebrated  Beer

Insane Dealer of Arkham Insanity.
"You know you want a trip down to the asylum"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: